The Small Print
- Eligibility for grade restricted sections is determined by the September ECF grading list; players without a current grade of any type must provide full information about all results and any grading previously held including any online grades.
- Open section, FIDE latest grade will be used. Section also ECF graded.
- All other sections are ECF graded only.
- All entrants in the FIDE-Rated Open section must be ECF members of Gold or Platinum.
- A FIN is required for FIDE-rated tournaments. Players without a FIN must contact their own federation if they do not wish to be registered as English with FIDE
- Except in the Open, ungraded players win only half of a first prize.
- Ungraded players are not eligible for a grading prize.
- Grading Prizes will be determined and published on the day
- A player qualifying for two prizes receives the higher of the two prizes.
- Prize money may be subject to change depending on number of entrants.
- BY ENTERING, PLAYERS AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE, THE CHIEF ARBITER’S DECISION IS FINAL.
- Electronic bank transfer preferred.
- If you wish to leave before the finish, ensure we have your address.
- We deem you to have entered the congress when your entry fee has cleared.
- Swiss manager dictates the pairings in all rounds and they are not changed to suit individual preferences..
Note for your diary:
The next rapid play congress is planned Sunday 21st May 2023 at the same venue.
Travel Lodge Alsager Rd, Crewe CW2 5PT Tel 08719846071
Travel Lodges Beswick Dr, Crewe CW1 5NP Tel 0871 984 6296
Book early for best prices
Free parking is available please see map attached