2019 Crewe Chess Congress
OPEN SECTION FIDE RATED
27-29 September 2019
Emperor Way, Crewe Business Park CW1 6BD
Tournament Director & Chief Arbiter: Matthew Carr
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: Les 07841375198 for cancellations, very late notifications and any difficulty with on-line entry.
Directions On foot: 10 minute walk, Exit Crewe Station and turn right. At the 1st roundabout, use pedestrian access along the dual carriage way (B&Q will be on your right). At the 2nd roundabout (750 m) take the 3rd exit onto Electra way. The Ibis Hotel is 200m on your left hand side.
Light refreshments at chess player rates, and bar facilities are available from the bar at all times.
Only food and drink purchased from the hotel can be consumed on the premises.
For all sections: 1st: £240 - 2nd: £120 - 3rd: £60 - Grading Prize: £30
The Small Print
- Elegibility for grade-restricted sections will be determined by the Latest ECF grading list; players without a current grade of any type must provide full information about
all results and any grading previously held.
- Open section FIDE grade to be used also ECF graded. All other sections are ECF graded only.
- Except in the Open, ungraded players win only half of a first prize.
- Ungraded players are not eligible for a grading prize.
- We award Grading Prizes to the player with the lowest grade in the section
- A player qualifying for two prizes will receive the higher of the two prizes.
- Prize money may be subject to change depending on number of entrants.
- BY ENTERING, PLAYERS AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE, THE CHIEF ARBITER'S DECISION IS FINAL.
- Electronic bank transfer preferred payment method.
- If you wish to leave before the finish, ensure we have your address.
- Prize money will be posted within 7 days.
- You will be deemed to have entered the congress when the entry fee is cleared.
- Swiss manager dictates the pairings in all rounds and they will not be changed to suit individual preferences.
- Round 1: 27th September 7:00pm
- Round 2: 28th September 9:30am-1:30pm
- Round 3: 28th September 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Round 4: 29th September 9:30am-1:30pm
- Round 5: 29th September 2:00pm-6:00pm
A player may claim a half-point bye for any one of the first four rounds, provided it is claimed on the Entry Form.
RATE OF PLAY:
Fischer timing 110 minutes + 10 secs per move.
Entry fee applying to all four sections:
(THERE WILL BE £5 DISCOUNT
APPLIED TO THESE PRICES FOR REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT BEFORE MIDNIGHT 22ND SEPTEMBER)
Open section Entrants must be Gold or Platinum ECF members.
Silver and above ECF: £31.00
Non-ECF or Bronze: £38.50
Silver and above ECF: £27.00
Non-ECF or Bronze: £34.50
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Please register for the competition by completing the form below.
Upon submission, you will be given a reference number. Use this reference number when paying the fee; either as the reference in a bank transfer or write on the back of any cheque or Postal Order (Please DO NOT send cash in the post).
Account Name: CREWE CHESS CONGRESSES, Account Number: 39443568, Branch Sort Code: 309626.
Payee: CREWE CHESS CONGRESSES. Send to: Crewe Congress, 159 Broad Street, Crewe, CW1 3UD